Business Quest

Welcome to everyday adventures in my business life, including thoughts and feelings about a world within which all things are connected. This QUEST is a JOURNEY to share knowledge, a JUNKET to share enjoyment, and often times simply an OUTING among old friends and new acquaintances.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hockessin, Delaware, United States

To Myers-Briggs I'm an INTJ on the cusp of an E. A war-orphan, I was raised an only child by my mother. Born into a family of engineers and inventors, I naturally gravitated to engineering; model railroading at age 5. By the time I left high school the railroad was well automated (back when mechanical relays and vacuum tubes prevailed.) Home was Gary, Indiana and while attending Purdue University I majored in Electrical Engineering, worked part-time and summers as a motor inspector at the Inland Steel 80" Hot Strip, where I found the air conditioning requirement of early automation equipment to be personally beneficial. I joined the DuPont Corporation as a Design Engineer and moved to Waynesboro, VA. (where in 1969 I automated the 1929 Acetate Chemical process using a Digital Equipment PDP 8E computer supervising five PDP14 industrial controllers -- the computer was programmed using a Teletype machine and paper tape!) I also had the pleasure of an assignment in Londonderry NI in 1973 followed by a move to Charleston, SC in 1976 to construct a fully automated polyester fiber facility (complete with industrial robots). But enough about me...

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving. . .


Wishing you each a most bountiful and festive holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home